Maryam Abu-Hawash ARCHITECTURE – GOA CATALYST PROJECT 2019
My project is a light rail station for people with disabilities. Having nothing like this here in Jordan, this would help a lot of people. There is public transportation, buses and cabs(pricey) , but they are kind of a mess and always crowded so it’s hard for someone in a wheelchair to get on a bus, so this could be a solution for that and would be affordable too. It would be located in the two busiest areas in Amman,and go through Madaba to Sweileh Circle, and 3rd Circle to Al Mahatta terminal (see attached map; light green and lavender routes).
FIRST- Case Studies
These are 2 of 6 case studies I did;
SECOND: Client Interviews
The client was my dad; an architect. I will ask him the following questions:
What do you think of my project?
How are your experiences so far with public transportation?
Do you think this would make a difference?
What stood out to you the most?
I skyped with him and recorded the following answers;
- “I think it is a brilliant project that will serve a group of people who were not considered by planners/designers and even part of governments in Jordan which led to a way where they were discluded from the community. “
- Perspective in Dubai; “I have experienced and still yet experiencing public transportation in Dubai and I find it very comfortable, easy to use, and one of the best out of all types of transportation indeed. Dubai metros considered all facilities and services needed for the use of disabled whether in stations or in cabins.”
- “Absolutely, it will create a great and major difference where it will allow people with disabilities to be active members in the society instead of being isolated and discluded.”
- – Use green building equipment…
- Implement green regulations for materials
- Use natural resources like light.
- SIte up rather than down
- Technology- signs/sensors/etc. FACILITATE All different types of disabilities.
5. The idea of the project which saves an important group of the community whom were seen as obstacles, to now be active.
THIRD: Site Analysis
FOURTH: Needs Analysis
- Supermarket/ restaurant
- Indoor waiting area; down and up
Main: Shelter/ waiting area = Land + Station
*Skipping quite a few things
FIFTH: Bubble Diagrams
SIXTH: Mood Board
This is something which you keep building up on from the very beginning
Let me know what you think!